I like to watch some cartoons in my free time. But the main thing I like is to find inconsistencies. These can range from impractical to moronic. In most cases I call this the Spongebob syndrome (you'll find out why in reason 2).
1. Convenient news flashes: I don't hate them they just TOO convenient. But at least they move the plot along.
2. Here it is... the Spongebob syndrome: Spongebob has a LOT of inconsistencies, not all of which are fully noticeable. The first is example is of a well known small period of time in an episode in which Spongebob drank a glass of water... but of course since he's underwater he just holds the glass and gulps and no fluid is seen in the glass, leaving the glass, or entering his mouth. The second is where a fish-lady in the background goes outside with fresh washed laundry (how do you wash laundry underwater? or use electricity?) then hangs them out to dry. There are many more but I'd like to move on to something else.
3. Traps: In most cartoons where someone gets trapped in a cage, cell, or net of some sort it seems that it is either really terribly made, or the bars are too big for the character. Some cartoon creators have started to realize this and make small jokes about it in their cartoons.
4. Generic products: Yeah they want to censor out brands so that they aren't showing choice of one over another, but they just put SODA or COLA on the side. I'd like to for once see something witty.
5. Impenetrable characters: Sure they might get bruised or scraped, or in rare cases be put in full body casts, but nothing seems to phase them for too long. Next frame, or episode, they're fine. Why not show them in a cast? or at least bandaged a little longer?
Well that's all for this week, stick around for more.
No comments:
Post a Comment